Thursday, December 24, 2009

On the 11th Day of Christmas, the Recipe Diva made for me...

Gingerbread Men!


What is more festive than these cute little gingerbread men?!

Knowing that the pantry is pretty empty here and most cooking supplies last forever, I decided to stock up on all the basics.  I knew that I wanted to make a classic recipe like gingerbread men so I used Allrecipes's convenient Ingredient Search to find a recipe based on the ingredients that I did and did not have and found this highly rated recipe for Gingerbread Men.  

They were perfect, soft and flavorful!  I did not even have my usual urge to leave them in the oven too long!  Maybe I've rid myself of the bad habit!  I followed the recipe exactly and here are some tips that I think may be helpful!!

My sister gave me some prep bowls as an early christmas gift and they are GREAT!  You can get all of your ingredients measured out beforehand and whip your recipes up in no time!  None of that mid-step measuring, cleaning, etc.


Make sure to scrape the bowl with a spatula throughout preparation to ensure all ingredients are incorporated.




Flatten dough into a disk, wrap with saran wrap, and store in fridge atleast 4 hours so dough will lose stickiness making it easier to work with when cutting out your gingerbread men.


I purchased a nonstick mat but still found the dough easier to work with when I added a little bit of flour to the mat.  Make sure to flour the rolling pin as well. 


These nonstick cookie sheets are AWESOME!  The cookies just slide right off. 


If you are adding icing, make sure to wait until gingerbread have men have cooled so it doesn't melt and run.


Share with friends and family!


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails