Monday, December 21, 2009

On the 7th Day of Christmas, the Recipe Diva made for me...

Snickerdoodles!

Nothing fancy here... I was digging through my mom's old christmas cookie recipes and found her recipe for Snickerdoodles.  The name alone gets you interested... 

Simple yet delicious.  They are so easy to make and you can whip them up in no time!!!!  I love biting into the sweet cinnamon crust!  I promise I will try to flex my baking skills a bit more in upcoming recipes, but knew I couldn't go wrong with these!

Ingredients

1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups sifted flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix shortening, sugar and eggs thoroughly.  Blend flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt.  Stir into shortening mixture.  Shape into 1" balls.  Roll in mixture of 2 tbsp sugar and cinnamon.  Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes.


I have a tendency to want to keep cookies in the oven longer than I should.  Once again, after the timer went off, I checked them and was tempted to just give them another minute to make sure they were done...  Most of them were pretty good, but some were a bit crispier than I would have liked.  Hopefully I will cure myself of this bad habit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails