Tuesday, December 22, 2009

On the 8th Day of Christmas the Recipe Diva made for me...

Deviled Eggs!!


My mom makes the BEST deviled eggs!  Some may disagree, but I sure haven't found any yet!  I have never seen a party end with one of these left on the platter.  And in the off chance that I did find one, I would take care of it immediately!

To put these tasty delights together, hard boil a dozen eggs, peel, and cut in half.  Arrange the whites on the platter.  Mix the yolks with 1/2 cup mayonaisse, 1/4 cup relish, 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard, 1/2 tbsp dry mustard, 1/2 tsp paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.  I added 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper for extra kick. 

Spoon the mixture into a plastic bag and cut the corner - this makes life MUCH easier as I figured out half way through the process.  Squeeze egg mixture into the egg whites and sprinkle with paprika.  I meant to add some chopped chives for the festive green but forgot :(  They were still delicious!  Another easy and tasty entertaining recipe that cannot go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails