Friday, March 5, 2010

Minis!

As I've said before, I'm not a huge sweets person, so these two-bite treats are perfect!  Cupcakes are just so appealing!  AND so versatile!  They come in all different sizes, shapes, and flavors.  You can play around with the cake, the icing, and the toppings.  The possibilities are endless. 


For my first experience with cupcakes, yes - I said my first experience, I went with a very basic recipe.  There were tasty albeit a little buttery for me. 

Ingredients

1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Topping:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup icing sugar

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).  Line 24-cup mini muffin pan with mini-cupcake papers. 

2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg.  Beat in flour, milk, and vanilla.

3. Divide mixture among cupcake papers and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and firm.  Cool fully on wire rack.

4. For icing, beat butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.  Gradually add icing sugar until fully combined.  Spoon into a piping bag, and pipe onto cooled cupcakes. 

I can't wait to try some new and fun cupcakes recips but I'm still looking for that perfect vanilla cupcake recipe... any insider tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails