Saturday, November 28, 2009

My Thanksgiving Contribution

I don't think I have to call out the fact that I enjoy cooking, especially cooking for my friends and family.  That's why I was somewhat devastated that I couldn't contribute to our Thanksgiving feast.  Being that I was flying in, it wasn't really possible. 

I decided to contribute by taking charge of centerpieces and napkins!  A bit boring, but it definitely adds a nice touch to the Thanksgiving table setting.


I wish I could take credit for the centerpieces but instead I'll have thank Allie's Florist.  As for the napkins, here's a quick tutorial on how to create these easy napkin pyramids:

Fold the napkin diagonally with the point facing away from you.

Fold each side point up to the center point.

Flip napkin over keeping open side away from you.

Fold far open side toward you.

Flip napkin over keeping point toward you.

Pull napkin up into a pyramid and
VOILA!!!

You can definitely go for something much fancier but this was an easy fold with a nice presentation.  Anybody know of any folds that are a bit more exciting??

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails