Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Recipe Diva's Baking Journey...

Much to the dismay of those around me, I do not do a lot baking... I am definitely much more of a cook than a baker.  Not only do I not have much of a sweet tooth, but I can't just throw ingredients together and make a masterpiece .  You can't exactly sneak a taste mid-recipe and realize that you need to add a bit more baking soda.  When it comes to baking, I stick to the recipe!

Which leads to yesterday's purchase, Nigella Christmas: Food Family Friends Festivities.  I love this cookbook.  Nigella includes a combination of simple recipes with those holiday recipes that you can spend  half a day cooking.  She adds tips and personal stories, keeping an inspirational tone in the book.

I'm determined to become a better baker so I'm gonna start small and work my way up...  I think the pumpkin pancakes are calling my name, you can't go wrong with pancakes right?

On a separate note, I am LOVING the new cookbook stand that I picked up at Barnes & Noble.  It's sturdy, practical and looks great in the kitchen.

Stay tuned for The Recipe Diva's 12 Days of Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails